Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
livetohike livetohike is offline

Default How do I enable the New Doc Task Pane in Word 2000?

How do I enable the New Doc Task Pane in Word 2000?

Just started working w/ templates and keep seeing references to the
"New Document task pane", where apparently there are tabs letting you
select from the installed templates.

I have no such window show up when I run Word or select "New..." from
the menu, instead a new blank document immediately opens.

The templates are installed at:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033 (why 1033?)

I copied some to my user account w/ no effect (this is where tools-
options-file locations is pointing:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft
\Templates\

Where should the templates go so Word can find them easily. I am sure
there is a better way than digging around the file system as I am
currently doing.