Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ounbbl Ounbbl is offline

Default Is there any way to hide endnotes and footnotes?

I don't see Modify option in Word 2007. Where is hidden?

"Dawn Crosier" wrote:

You can do it globally. Select a footnote or endnote. The style list
will update to display footnote text or endnote text. Select the
Modify option. Inside the Modify dialog box, you can select the
Format button. At that point, select Font. And toggle the Hidden
text feature.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"BAW" wrote in message
Can I format the style globally or would have to choose each
footnote/endnote
number and text and format them separately? If I can do it
globally, that
would be a good "fix"

"Dawn Crosier" wrote:

What I would do, is format the style so that the font is marked for
Hidden. That way when you work with the Show/Hide turned on, you
will
be able to see them, yet they won't print unless you change your
print
options to include hidden text.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP
"Education Lasts a Lifetime"

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"BAW" wrote in message
I am trying to document my support within a word file by using
endnotes/
footnotes. However, I do not really want the endnotes/footnotes
printed in
the final document. Is there any way to just hide them rather
than
deleting
them?