Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kcaise kcaise is offline

Default How can I set up Word for APA formatting?

I am having the same problem. Before upgrading to Windows 7 in Office 2007 I
didn't have any problems with formatting issues in the bibliography and
sources. Now, it only lists the first author regardless of how I enter the
text in the fields. Did some update overwrite the way Office formats sources?

"katdat" wrote:

Why doesn't the bibliography show all my authors? It only shows the first one.

"p0" wrote:

On 30 nov, 08:46, spookieeyes
wrote:
my computer has the new edition but my instruction keeps telling me that the
citations are not being put in APA format . I have it set for APA what am I
doing wrong.

If someone tells you your work is incorrect, you should ask them what
is wrong with it. That way it would be a lot easier to fix any
problems ...

Some possible issues:
1)The APA style is only for bibliographies, that is, the rest of the
text will not be formatted according to the APA guidelines unless you
use some kind of template.
2)Microsoft does not set the indentation for APA bibliographies (and
no that's not a bug). You should set the "Bibliography" paragraph
style to hanging yourself.
3)If you have multiple works by the same author(s) in the same year in
your reference list, a suffix will not be added to the year but the
title will be displayed instead. This is not correct according to APA
guidelines and you will have to add the suffix manually to the year
and suppress the title.

Yves