Herb Tyson [MVP]

Incongruous in what sense? To Word, each "line" that is terminated with a
paragraph mark is a paragraph. You can always merge adjacent paragraphs by
replacing the paragraph marks with spaces.

Which paragarph's formatting takes precedence depends on which version of
Word you're using, as well as your Compatibility settings.

Using the default settings in Word 2003, if I start with 3 lines
(paragraphs, actually) and delete the paragraph marks, all three end up with
the paragraph formatting of the first line/paragraph. (This happens
regardless of whether I delete from top to bottom or bottom to top.)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Barbara" wrote in message
I have several incongrous lines with returns at the end of each that I
would
like to merge into a single paragraph. Is this possible?