Herb Tyson [MVP]

If you completely select one or more cells before adjusting the width, then
only the width of the selected cells will be changed. If no cells are
selected, then Word assumes that you want to adjust the width of the entire
column.

To select a cell, move the mouse pointer to the left side of a cell so that
an arrow pointing northeast appears, then click.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
"2dogs" wrote in message
What is the difference between cell width and column width in the table
properties. I find they do the same thing. If I adjust the cell width it
adjusts the entire column. Sometimes it wont do anything at all.
--
2dogs in Oregon USA