2dogs

I have found your general explination to be totally without merit. When put
to the test it does not wash. I appreciate your participation. And I thank
you for your permission to use or not use the feature if I don't like it.
(Frankly, I think this is the kind of answer a person gives when they don't
know the answer.) I am not criticizing the operation or the application. I am
a fan and ardent user of Word. I am trying to understand how these 2 items
interact and in that regard you have not been very enlightening. Did you try
the simple tests I described. If you did please try to explain the results
with something better than "that's just the way it works". I could really use
some viable input.
--
2dogs in Oregon USA

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

In general, the largest of the all the individual cell preferred widths and
the column preferred width will take precedence (although other settings may
come into play). As I said, you may not like it, but that doesn't make it
unpredictable.

If you don't like the way the feature works you don't have to use it; I do
recognise that the old dialog is not exactly at your fingertips but it is
there. It seems to me like all bases are covered.

Enjoy,
Tony

"2dogs" wrote:

upper row, bottom row, center row, it makes no difference. This behavior is
totally unpredictable. For example, why will changing the value to a larger
value have an affect but changing to a lower value doesn't. The whole
operation seems ambiguous to me. (and everybody else I have talked to)
--
2dogs in Oregon USA