Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Default Remove All Direct Formatting

Hi,

Is there a way to remove all direct formatting
that I see in my style panel without selecting
each direct formatted style one by one?

do you know which version of Word is used?

Is there a way to globally remove any direct
formatting formatting in a document but keep
the styles that are already applied?

Select all (Ctrl + A). Press Ctrl + Q to remove direct paragraph formatting.

Press Ctrl + Space bar to remove direct character formatting.
However, by this way character styles are treated like direct font
formatting. So character styles will be removed from your text.
In Word 2007, 2010, 2013 you can use the Style Inspector to remove only
direct font formatting ("Clear Character Formatting") without removing
formatting that was applied by character styles.

--
Cheers,
Lisa