Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cwiseley cwiseley is offline

Default autocorrect/format spaces between sentences

A number of colleges, universities and other institutions require two
spaces between sentences. There is a way to have speech to text put in
two spaces. I just had to find out how for my dissertation. I now need
to figure out how to turn it off. If I find it I will try to post it
here.

I would also say that there is not full consensus about whether a
puctuation mark followed by one space is sufficient to signal a new
sentence. There are many exceptions to the "period one-space" sentence
signal. You can find lots of discussion on it elsewhere.

Dr. W. C. Wiseley

Suzanne S. Barnhill;666921 Wrote:

So you admit to padding your work to jack up your fees?

'Home' (http://word.mvps.org)

"Karen" wrote in message
I get paid by the character, including spaces.......

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

There is no automatic way to add extra unnecessary spaces between
sentences.
This is a word processor with proportionally spaced fonts. If you

want to
adopt ancient typewriter practice, then you will have to use the

replace
function to add them later.

My web site 'Relocate' (http://www.gmayor.com)
Word MVP web site 'Home' (http://word.mvps.org)

"Karen" wrote in message
Using speech to text and program only adds one space between

sentences.
Is
there a way to setup autocorrect or autoformat to make it two

spaces
between
sentences. When I used spellcheck it automaticially goes to each
sentence
break for me to add that space but wondered if there is a way to
automatically do it.

.

--
cwiseley