Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default e-mail merge using Word and Outlook

The ClickYes utility (available also from the downloads page of my web site)
does not have to be present all the time - only when you are running the
merge. You can set it to load in suspended mode and activate it as required
(if you do lots of merges) or you can load it as required and exit from it
when not required if you rarely merge to e-mail. Any impact on your security
will be minimal. Without it your finger is going to get very tired clicking
'OK'.
As others have said we have the parasites to blame for this.

Philippe wrote:
Thanks for this. Yes this may work... but I am not really willing to
install a new piece of software that may have incidence on the
security of my pc...

I must admit that I am pretty surprise that Microsoft developed a
merging functionality to e-mail, and that they afterwards made it
unusable with some security feature... This really makes no sense.

Best regards,

Philippe

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Try the utility mentioned near thebeginning of the following article:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

Peter Jamieson

"Philippe" wrote in message
Hello,

I used Word to create an e-mail to be merged and sent to a specific
list of
e-mail address. the creation did not create any trouble. However,
when sending, I had to confirm that i allowed a 3rd party
application to send an
e-mail for each of the e-mail sent (I even had to wait 5 secs
between each of
the confirmation). This went ok, as I had only 17 emails to send,
but I cannot imagine if I had 100 or even more...

Is there a way I can set Outlook, or Word, so that it will bypass
this warning and let me send the e-mails in one go?

Thanks

Philippe