Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Manage Styles window query

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote in message

"Beth Melton" wrote:

I was wrong about "(no style)" defaulting to the hard wired defaults in
previous versions. It will initially use the defaults you set in the
Normal
style but the difference in Word 2007 is if you change your Document
Defaults those changes will be reflected in those styles based on "(no
style)".

When you think about it, it is much better like that.
If I wanted a style based on "no style" to be in fact based on "Normal",
then I would set it based on "Normal"...

But, given Beth's previous explanations in this thread, these are two
different things?

Obviously, a style based on "(no style)" should *not* adjust to a particular
style in the document; then it would be pointless to choose "(no style)" in
the first place.

What has changed is the fact that even styles based on "(no style)" can be
affected by document defaults, which I guess makes sense when Word has
customizable document defaults (and themes).

Or am I (still) missing something here?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP