Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Can't remove highlight

Clear just means that there's no pattern. It also means that what you're
seeing is not highlighting (which you would remove by selecting None for
highlighting) but shading. Go to Format | Borders and Shading and choose No
Fill on the Shading tab.

http://word.mvps.org

"Cubbie_Gal" wrote in message
I have same problem. Tried clearning the shading and the highlighting and
neither works. My text still stays highlighted. When I "reveal
formatting"
under the font section is stays "Shading: Clear (Yellow)". So I'm
selecting
clear for shading but it's leaving it yellow anyway? I don't understand.
Does it have to do with the fact that it's a bulleted list? I'm just
baffled.

"Inquiring Mind" wrote:

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described
below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

"suroora" wrote:

Thanks, Lene. That worked!

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

Maybe the color has been applied as shading and not as highlight. Try
whether
you can remove the color via Format Borders and Shading Shading
tab.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"suroora" wrote:

I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word
document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then
removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?