Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
xppuser xppuser is offline

Default Starting page numbering 21 at page 21 but no numbering precedi

Suzanne, Terry,

Thank you for your input. I am going to read it again.

Terry: Instead of page break between each chapter, I have used section break
is more versatile than page break e.g. I can do what I want in a section and
it will not affect the section before and after (FWIW). I have been doing
this for years i.e. using section break next page instead of page break.

Suzanne: Deducing from the big idea (which I did try - but still showed
....17, 18, 19, 20) and Terry's comment, I am going to change all my section
break next page before page 21 to page break, apply a section break next page
at page 20 and then I will report back. I also tried { PAGE } with same
result - likely to my not understanding (at deeper level) Word 2003 document
mechanics/nuances.

jes