Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heather Bardeleben, Wolters Kluwer Heather Bardeleben, Wolters Kluwer is offline

Default Linking dropdown boxes (box 2 list dependent on box 1 choice)

Good morning Mr. Freedman,

I am trying to link drop down boxes in my Word 2003 document and would
greatly appreciate any help that you can provide. I am an experienced user,
but not a technical writer.

What I want to do is as follows:

ddb1 ddb3 ddb2

If x users (ddb1) is selected, than y $value (ddb3) is selected and z
training sessions (ddb2) is selected.

Can you please tell me how to do this?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

First write the macro that populates the second box based on the value
selected in the first box. Then open the Properties dialog of the first box
(most easily by double-clicking the box), look in the "Exit" dropdown, and
select the name of the macro you wrote. When the user tabs or mouse-clicks
out of the first box, the macro will run before the next form field gets the
focus.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jeff Kunberger wrote:
I found two similar questions, but I still can't figure out the first
step...How to get the dropdown box1 to know to run the VBA code.

I add the ddb form field via the toolbar button, then click on the VB
Editor toolbar button...but that doesn't link anything.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but any help would be much
appreciated.

Jeff