Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Figure and caption :How to group caption with figure?

In that case, insert both figure and caption In Line With Text as described,
then select both and insert a frame (using the Insert Frame button on the
Forms toolbar). Format the frame wrapping as Around.

"Devid" wrote in message
Dear Robert and Lene ,
Thanks for a kind reply.

How to use this kind of feauture,
If I do not want any blank space on a page, in case figure(along with
caption) moves on another page.

I tried the options provided by you and it works ...but I wandered how to
use 'Top and bottom' layout+caption.(to take care of the above mentioned
problem)

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Devid

Devid wrote:
How to group caption with figure?

Best practice (in a long/structured document): Make sure your figure is
an InlineShape (inline with text), then Word will handle it like a large
character. Make sure it's in its own paragraph. The figure caption goes
into the following paragraph. Make equally sure that the picture
paragraph's style is set to "Keep with next" (paragraph property).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS