Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mailmerge Date

When you use the word "template" do you mean a document saved as a .dot,
..dotx or .dotm file from which you are creating a mail merge main document
by using FileNew?

Or, are you referring to the mail merge main document that has just been
saved as a .doc, docx or docm file.

If you use a CREATEDATE field in the former and you create the mail merge
main document by using FileNew and then select that file, that mail merge
main document and the documents created by executing the merge will contain
the date upon which the FileNew action was taken.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Thomas" wrote in message
I have a template I created & used in Word 2003. As the mailmerge template
generated a document it would insert the days date in the Createdate
field.
At that point I could save the generated document and if I opened it on a
later date it would show the date I generated the document.

I have upgraded to Word 2007 and it no longer works. When I generate a
document now the date inserted is the date the template was created. I
have
tested with Createdate, Printdate, Savedate and Date without being able to
achieve the desired results. I have also tried with the "Preserve
Formatting
During Updates" checked and unchecked with no luck.

1). Can someone tell me what field I should use to generate a document and
insert todays date?
2). When I save and open this document on a later date, I want to see the
date it was generated?