Doug Robbins

I definitely do not use it just for compatibility with WordPerfect and
points are fine with me - much better than inches.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Note, however, that the ADVANCE field is provided by MS only for
compatibility with WordPerfect and is not very user friendly (all
dimensions
must be entered in points).

so
all may benefit.

"Nospam" wrote in message
Thanks, Doug. I'll give this a try. --Jon

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
| You can use an { Advance } field in Word to position text with
precision
at
| least as good as that offered by your printer.
|
| --
| Hope this helps.
|
| Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
| services on a paid consulting basis.
|
| Doug Robbins - Word MVP
| "Nospam" wrote in message
| . ..
| I used to be able to place text very precisely in WordPerfect--I

believe
| the
| version was 6.1. Nevertheless, I was hoping to discover a similar
feature
| in
| MS Word 2002. Thank you, and Charles. The text box suggestions works.
|
| "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
| .. .
| | This is why there are programs like Publisher. What you are trying

do
| is
| | to make a word processor act like a desktop publishing program.
| |
| | --
| |
| | JoAnn Paules
| | MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
| |
| |
| |
| | "Nospam" wrote in message
| | I'm depleting my current stock of 8.5x11 business stationery with

an
| | outdated email address. I want to place a series of dashes
through
the
| old
| | email address and below the dashes place my new email address. I
need
| | place the dashes precisely on the page, like at 1.85 inches from

the
| top.
| | How do I place the line of dashes this precisely on the page?
Windows
| XP
| | with MS Word 2002, HP Laserjet 1100 printer. Thanks. --Jon
| |
| |
| |
| |