Nospam

I posted the original message. I'm comfortable working in point sizes or
fractions of inches. Nevertheless, the text box idea worked for me after
fiddling with its placement a bit. I'm going to try the ADVANCE field idea,
though, just to see how it would work--and if I can place the text in the
exact same spot.

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
|I definitely do not use it just for compatibility with WordPerfect and
| points are fine with me - much better than inches.
|
| --
| Hope this helps.
|
| Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
| services on a paid consulting basis.
|
| Doug Robbins - Word MVP
| "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
| Note, however, that the ADVANCE field is provided by MS only for
| compatibility with WordPerfect and is not very user friendly (all
| dimensions
| must be entered in points).
|
| --
| Suzanne S. Barnhill
| Microsoft MVP (Word)
| Words into Type
| Fairhope, Alabama USA
| Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
| Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup
| so
| all may benefit.
|
| "Nospam" wrote in message
| Thanks, Doug. I'll give this a try. --Jon
|
| "Doug Robbins" wrote in message
| | You can use an { Advance } field in Word to position text with
| precision
| at
| | least as good as that offered by your printer.
| |
| | --
| | Hope this helps.
| |
| | Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
| | services on a paid consulting basis.
| |
| | Doug Robbins - Word MVP
| | "Nospam" wrote in message
| | . ..
| | I used to be able to place text very precisely in WordPerfect--I
| believe
| | the
| | version was 6.1. Nevertheless, I was hoping to discover a similar
| feature
| | in
| | MS Word 2002. Thank you, and Charles. The text box suggestions
works.
| |
| | "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
| | .. .
| | | This is why there are programs like Publisher. What you are
trying
| do
| | is
| | | to make a word processor act like a desktop publishing program.
| | |
| | | --
| | |
| | | JoAnn Paules
| | | MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | | "Nospam" wrote in message
| | | I'm depleting my current stock of 8.5x11 business stationery
with
| an
| | | outdated email address. I want to place a series of dashes
| through
| the
| | old
| | | email address and below the dashes place my new email address.
| need
| | | place the dashes precisely on the page, like at 1.85 inches
from
| the
| | top.
| | | How do I place the line of dashes this precisely on the page?
| Windows
| | XP
| | | with MS Word 2002, HP Laserjet 1100 printer. Thanks. --Jon
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |