Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Problems with Saving Word Files

Looks like you'll have to go to the MS web site. The experts don't
check here any more.

n Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 8:05:15 AM UTC-4, Jfk wrote:
Hey Peter thanks for the reply.
My description is long because the problem seems to be very specific.

I know how to use 'save as' and then pick template. The point is that when I do that, the behavior I mentioned above happens (new file appearing for a second then disappearing again and the name changes back to what the file was called before saving).

I asked many people already and no one even heard of this before, thats why I'm asking here.
If someone wants to help but doesn't understand my description then please ask and I will try to put it in other words.