Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default How do I change the actual header and footer margins?

You can change the distance from the edge of the paper; it's the "From
edge" measurements in File | Page Setup. But if you want a header
"gutter," that is, some space between the header and the text body,
you'd have to add some Spacing After (via Format | Paragraph, Indents
and Spacing tab) to the bottom paragraph of the header (or Spacing
Before to the top paragraph of the footer).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"latwood" wrote in message
How do I change the actual header and footer margins?

I need my page margins to be different than my header margins....