Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Inserting large pics and send as email attachment

First line should say. 'There shouldn't...

Terry

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
There should be any problem in inserting them into a document and emailing
it as an attachment. But this is a crazy - possibly stark raving bonkers -
as a way to send jpegs. Why can you not just send the jpegs as
attachments. If they need them in a Word document, then surely they can
open a blank document and insert them? That way they won't be corrupted en
route.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Tony Tee" wrote in message
I just wanted to know if inserting large pics, say, 1 or 2 meg each in
size, into the word document, each with a comment underneath, (In my case,
about 5 large pics altogether), will that be perfectly ok or can it
corrupt the document layout or anything which will hamper people trying to
open it after I sent it over to them?

They are quite high quality .jpg pics.

The reason I ask is because I had an assignment to complete for work,
that I had to mail them from home, they specifically requested that it
had to be sent as a .doc document attached to an email.

The email was only about 4 meg and it could not be opened on the other
side, even though it worked my side, it said it was corrupted, even when
I sent the healthty file to my own mail I could see that it had become
corrupted. It was even corrupted when I tried to open it in the sent
files folder too!