Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
R in AZ R in AZ is offline

Default how do i move selected pages to a new word document

I have created a long document (100+ pages) consisting of several chapters
and want to remove the chapters from the main doc into their own separate
documents (i.e. 12 chapters would be 12 separate documents). I checked
on-line help and read about selecting thumbnail pages (no problem) which
could then be separated from the mother doc by clicking on Move Pages to New
Document in Page menu. I have only Page Layout, thus the Move...New Doc is
nowhere to be found.
What am I missing here???