Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Two columns to one column

I don't understand what you're trying to do, then. When Word fills one
column, it will flow text to the next one. Text flow can be inhibited by
"Keep with next" and "Keep lines together" formatting as well as by manual
column breaks.

"JRG3" wrote in message
This does not help. It still transfers part of the second column text to

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Select just the text you want to change the number of columns in. Then
either drag the correct number of columns on the toolbar palette or use
Format | Columns, making sure that "Apply to" is set to "Selected Text."
Word will take care of inserting the required Continuous section breaks.

For
more, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingColumns.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"JRG3" wrote in message
I am having a difficult time with columns. I am trying to switch from

two
columns to one column in order to type a heading. After that, I plan

go
back to two columns, and repeat the process. The problem is, though,

can't
figure out how to make the switch. I have tried anything and

everything
under the "blogs" and nothing is working. When I try to apply

continuous
section breaks, for example, it takes some of the text from the first

column
and puts it into the second column. If anyone can help, PLEASE send
anything. I need to do this assignment for my AP class and I could

really
use the advice. Thanks to anyone who replies!