Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Default Can I translate my word document into spanish without re-typing?

In addition to the generally unreliable nature of machine translation,
Spanish is an especially difficult case because there are many local
dialects with critical differences in meaning for the same word. A
phrase that's complimentary to a speaker of Mexican Spanish can be a
nasty insult to a speaker of Puerto Rican Spanish, and meaningless to
a speaker of Castilian Spanish. You really need to know your audience,
not just a list of meanings.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 09:14:03 -0800, "TedMi"
wrote:

Although translation software exists (look it up in Google), I would not
trust it with anything significant, especially an affidavit which might be
used in legal matters. The most famous example of s/w translation is
rendering "Bill Gates" as the equivalent of "dollar doors".