Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cooz

Default AllowPageBreaks setting forgotten in Word 2003

Hi Brian,

Well, you have a workaround at least.

You can make suggestions to Microsoft via the Microsoft Word communities site.
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...&lang=en&cr=US
Check out the options under the New-button.

Cooz

"Brian Nixon" wrote:

"Cooz" wrote:

Try this one:

Sub SetTableProps()
Selection.Tables(1).Rows.AllowBreakAcrossPages = False
End Sub

That stops page breaks being inserted _within_ rows but not _between_
them. It corresponds to the option in the "Table Properties" dialog
box - "Rows" tab - "Options" section - "Allow row to break across
pages" setting. It does survive the document being closed and
reopened, though.

Interestingly, there is no option in the dialog box that corresponds
to the Table.AllowPageBreaks property. Maybe that's why it's not
saved with the document?

I can achieve the effect I want by using your suggestion *and*
applying "Keep with next" to all the paragraphs in the table (except
those in the last row). It's not ideal, though.

I still think the lack of persistence of Table.AllowPageBreaks is a
bug. Is there a way to report things like this to Microsoft?

Cheers,

Brian