Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Default Printing Layout Guides as per a Publisher's Proof

Tools | Options and check on Text Boundaries. Is this what you want to do?
--
Rae Drysdale

"Jim" wrote:

When an author gets a proof copy of his book from the printers, more often
than not it will be printed on A4 paper. The actual page of the book is
indicated on the A4 page by a partial border; this border is visible at each
corner of the book's page, and extends about an inch down the sides and
across the tops of the pages.

I am typesetting a book in Word and would like to achieve the above effect
when I print out on A4 paper. I have set the Word page size to 6" by 9",
which is the size of the pages in my book; but I am printing on A4 paper and
would like to have marks in place to indicate precisely how big the actual
book pages will be.

This is kind of tricky to explain, but I hope I've got my point across. Any
ideas?