Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Checkboxes on mailmerge recipients list

It might be worth trying to /open/ the dialog using
Win API and to close it immediately again, but I have no idea for the
moment how the dialog could be opened using API.

I don't know how to do it either. I suspect that in this case, Word needs to
drive the dialog box anyway.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Steffen Grellmann" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 21:54:20 -0000, "Peter Jamieson"
wrote:

Do you know a way to /close/ the Recipients dialog programmatically?

No, unless you can either get sendkeys to work (which I can't, here), or
do
the equivalent of sendkeys using the Win32 API.

I also can't get SendKeys working. Because the recipients dialog is a
popup you can't execute any code until the dialog has been closed. It
doesn't wonder that I had no success when I tried to close the dialog
using the Win API. It might be worth trying to /open/ the dialog using
Win API and to close it immediately again, but I have no idea for the
moment how the dialog could be opened using API.

Kind regards,

Steffen