Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bluu Bluu is offline

Default creating lines to be filled out like in a contract.

You rock!
Thank you very much! that page gave me what I was looking for and a little
more.

Luke

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:47:01 -0700, Bluu wrote:

I am trying to set up a contract type of layout.
What I am looking for is a way to create an line of blank text that is
underlined. then when I fill out the document on the computer (using
microsoft word) I need to be able to type on that line without the underline
going away or moving any text after it.

I have seen this on word files in the past but do not know how it is done.

I do not want to simply type in a bunch of under scores or type the words
with underline formating.

For example I would like the a line to appear as follows before it is filled
out:
Name: ________________________

When placing the cursor on the line and typing I want the text to appear
over the line and not make the line any longer.

Can anyone point me in teh right direction?
I have looked through help files and dont really know what key words to look
for.

Thanks
Luke

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm for several