Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Adding days to Merge Field

You might do better downloading Macropod's sample document from the link
provided and edit the examples rather than attempt to enter them from the
keyboard.

TotallyConfused wrote:
Thanks for responding. This is what I have : I put {{SET Delay
3}DATE \@ "MMMM d, yyyy" \*MERGEFORMAT}{SET
jd{=jd+(MOD(jd,7)4*(7-MOD(jd,7))}

This is what I have and it is not working. I am probably now reading
it right. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong. I am trying
to understand this. I do not work with Word a lot but by doing this
it will save us a lot of time. I assume "jd" is for Julian Day?

Thank you.

"macropod" wrote:

Hi TotallyConfused,

To see how to add 3 days to a mailmerge date, check out 'Date
Calculations In A Mailmerge' in my Date Calc 'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902

Note that the example field adds 14 calendar days, not 3 business
days. To add 3 business days, which presumably means skipping over
weekends, you'd need to expand the field coding (select it and press
Shift-F9) and: .. change '{SET Delay 14}' to '{SET Delay 3}' .. add
a new field after the one coded as '{SET
jd{=d+INT((153*c+2)/5)+365*b+INT(b/4)-INT(b/100)+INT(b/400)-32045+Delay}'.
The new field should be coded as {SET
jd{=jd+(MOD(jd,7)4)*(7-MOD(jd,7))}}, with the field braces (ie '{
}') created in pairs via Ctrl-F9 (you can't just copy & paste them
from here).
Skipping over public holidays as well takes a lot more work. I'm
currently working on an update to the document to show how to do
this, but it's not quite ready for release.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"TotallyConfused" wrote
in message ...
Please can someone tell me how to revise this merge field to add 3
business working days. I have a date field and I have to add a due
date field (DATE\@ "MMMM d, yyyy"\*MERGEFORMAT), 2007. the due
date field needs to be greater by 3 business working than the date
field. I would appreciate some helping me with this. I was
referred to macropod, and I have tried everything, can't seem to
make it work. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.