Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ken Hallgren Ken Hallgren is offline

Default Need help Office is driving me crazy

Dear Joann,

What I am doing is trying to use word or fax-wizard. When I click on either
they appear on my screen but as soon as I try to type on them, they shutdown
and the messages as described in my orginal post appear.

I'm sorry but there is no specific error message, such as " error 505 " or
whatever, just what I am describing.

Thanks for your help,

Ken

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Your post doesn't give us a lot to go on. Specifically what are you doing
when the message appears? Specifically what does the error message say?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ken Hallgren" wrote in message
First of all Hello to those who read this and thank-you to those who
respond.

I have a fairly new computer using Vista and when I bought it I also
bought
Office Home and student.

Now when I try to use it this message comes up - Microsoft Office word/fax
has stopped working.

Then - Windows will close the program and notify me if a solution is
available.

This has been going on for several days. I have tried putting the disc
back
in, also I have tried phoning the number given where I talk to some
computer
and also have tried emailing Microsoft where they tell me they are having
some kind of problem.

Unfortunately I am a dolt when it comes to this stuff and need simple
help.
Could anyone tell me where I am going wrong?

Thanks,
Ken