Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Merging pictures

Note that I said:

Note that only a single \ is used as the path separator in the above.

You still have \\ as the path separator.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"colblip" colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com wrote in message
Hello, Doug!

Doug,

Tried the code as follows per your suggestion but result was no pictures
in merged file. Here is my code to be sure I didn't miss something:

{ IF { INCLUDEPICTURE {IF TRUE "O:\\Pictures\\2009 Original Church
Pictures\\{ Mergefield "Full_Name"}.JPG"} } { INCLUDEPICTURE {IF TRUE
"O:\\Pictures\\2009
Original Church Pictures\\{ Mergefield "Full_Name"}.JPG"} } {
INCLUDEPICTURE { IF TRUE "O:\\Pictures\\2009 Original Church

Pictures\\NoPictureAvailable.jpg" } } }

Anything obviously messed up that I've missed?

You wrote on Thu, 6 Aug 2009 11:29:35 +1000:

DRW {IF {INCLUDEPICTURE {IF TRUE "O:\Pictures\2009 Original Church
DRW Pictures\{ Mergefield "Full_Name"}.JPG"}} {INCLUDEPICTURE {IF TRUE
DRW "O:\Pictures\2009 Original Church Pictures\{ Mergefield
DRW "Full_Name"}.JPG"}} {INCLUDEPICTURE {IF TRUE "O:\Pictures\2009
DRW Original Church Pictures\NoPictureAvailable.jpg"}} }

DRW Note that only a single \ is used as the path separator in the above
DRW construction.
DRW --
DRW Hope this helps.

DRW Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
DRW services on a paid consulting basis.

DRW Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
DRW "colblip" colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com wrote in message
DRW ...
?? Hello, All!
?? I have a directory I print for the church. In it I have insert a
?? picture of the family with the code {INCLUDEPICTURE
?? "O:\\Pictures\\2009 Original Church Pictures\\{ Mergefield
?? "Full_Name"}.JPG" }. I would like to insert a standard
?? NoPictureAvailable.jpg file if there is no picture for the family in
?? question. Is there a way to do this?
??
?? Thanks,
??
?? Colonel Blip
?? E-mail: colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com
??

With best regards, colblip. E-mail: colonel.blip.at.bigfoot.com