Debbie Seko Debbie Seko is offline
Junior Member

Location: I am a MS Office Instructor for Senior Citizens
Send a message via Skype™ to Debbie Seko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAM View Post
I am creating a user manual. I have set mirrored margins 1 1/2" from the edge
with a small gutter margin. I set the margins as big as I did to allow an
area to put text boxes with special tips or for just an area for people to
write notes. I would like to have a vertical line separating the text from
the blank margin area. If I draw a vertical line and anchor it, the line
moves when edits or additional items are added to the text. Is there a way to
insert a vertical line that will not move when the text is edited or
section/page breaks are added?
Please Help!
THANK YOU!!!
Bam, which version of Word are you using? One way you can try is to use columns. In the columns dialogue box you can choose the option to place a vertical rule between the columns and you can adjust the size of each column so you have one narrow column and one wide column or use three columns and have a narrow column on the left and right with a large column in the center.

If you are using Word 2007 you can use columns and choose the "left" column option to create a narrow column and a wide column.

Hope this helps.