Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Add vertical lines on mirrored margins in word 2007

If you're anchoring the line to the header, you have to anchor it to the Odd
Page Header to get it on one side and the Even Page Header to get it on the
other, just the same as if you wanted page numbers on the outside.

http://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
Doesn't Mirrored Margins do that for you? If not, why not?

On Mar 9, 6:44 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Which will require enabling "Different odd and even."

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in
Anchor it in the Header rather than in the text.

On Mar 9, 3:19 pm, BAM wrote:

I am creating a user manual. I have set mirrored margins 1 1/2" from the
edge
with a small gutter margin. I set the margins as big as I did to allow
an
area to put text boxes with special tips or for just an area for people
write notes. I would like to have a vertical line separating the text
from
the blank margin area. If I draw a vertical line and anchor it, the line
moves when edits or additional items are added to the text. Is there a
way
insert a vertical line that will not move when the text is edited or
section/page breaks are added?
Please Help!
THANK YOU!!!-