Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Can I format zip code merge field to add hyphen if zip plus 4?

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ShaniraW" wrote in message
news
We have several people who enter addresses, and some put only the five
main
digits of the zip code, others put the zip +4 code and include a hyphen,
while the rest use the zip+4 format but don't add the hyphen. Is there a
way
I can format the results of this field during the merge to add a hyphen
where
needed, remove the hyphen if not needed, etc. In trying one way, it added
hyphen to all results, including the 5 digit only code. On these, it also
added 4 zeros after the hyphen. Any thoughts on how to fix my problem and
avoid the added problem mentioned?