Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Adding Office Tools to SR1a

If you have Detect and Repair on the Help menu, that would be a good thing
to try.

http://word.mvps.org

"oao" wrote in message
news

I have SR1a version of Word 2000 on a XP64 Prof system.

I just noticed that the spell checker is greyed out. It looks as if
Office Tools is missing.

I tried to add it from the Office 2000 CD, but it won't let me because
the installed version is SR1a. I tried from the SR1a install, but it
won't let me to add components.

I don't want to uninstall SR1a, reinstall Word 2000 with Office Tools
and then reapply SR1a.

Is there any way I can resolve this? Manual installation or external
spell checker or anything that I can install and works.

Thanks.

--
oao