Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Add page tabs to Word (like Excel)

Hi Mark

Mark Thompson wrote:
Now that IE 7 has the concept of Tabs, and Excel has the concept of multiple
Sheets in one workbook, I'd like to suggest that Word incoroporate that same
functionality.

It would be really nice to be able to create tabs, or "chapters", in a Word
document, and to be able to move quickly and easily between chapters by
clicking on their tabs, just like clicking on the tab for an Excel sheet.
Chapters in a book, sections in a proposal, pages in a briefing book, I can
think of several uses. Each chapter, or section, or whatever you want to
call it, would have a tab across the top of the work area.

Have you tried using the Document Map or OutlineView to achieve the
desired result?

This could also help with paging during printing. Perhaps an option for
each tab/chapter could be "Always start printing the information on this tab
at the top of a printed page".

Hmm, in a structured document, this would be taken care of by setting
the "PageBreakBefore" property in the necessary style(s).

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS