Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lynette Lynette is offline

Default word keeps changing old date to current date on old documents

This is probably because the older documents were created using the "Date"
field versus the "CreateDate" field.

If you look in the Insert / Quick Parts / Field area, you'll see the
description for both fields. "Date" will always fill in the current date
when you open the file and "CreateDate" will retain the date the document
was created.

Lynette

"BrittRox" wrote in message
news
I have word documents from weeks ago and when I go back into them the date
automatically changes and I no longer know the original date that they
were
typed.
Any help?