moombi

Default Calculation field error

I used the following to info to hide the zero but when I do the number shows
up twice. What am I doing wrong? Here is what I have

{=(siteoffsitecost+bldgcost+misccost)\#"$,#.##;($, #.##);"}

and I am getting this result:

$265,687.79$265,687.79

DomMar,

You can use a regulare formula field (vice calculation field) with a numeric
switch to hide the zero.
Example. Say you have Text1 and Text2 as the varialbles. Set both to
calculate on exit. Enter the following formula field.
{ =(Text1+Text1) \# "#;-#; " }
Note the field braces { } are entered with CTRL+F9. Once you have the
field entered then toggle the code and protect the form.
Greg Maxey/Word MVP