Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default how to separate .doc and .docx files into separate folders

There is no need to SHOUT!!!

Create a folder called Works Documents and move all the Works documents into
it and/or set the default documents folder for Word to a different location
(Word Options Advanced File Locations Documents)

JOHN wrote:
I HAVE YEARS OF FILES IN MS WORKS AND AM JUST NOW STARTING TO USE MS
WORD 2007. THE WORD FILES ARE ENDING UP MIXED IN WITH THE WORKS
FILES AND VICE VERSA. HOW CAN I KEEP THE DIFFERENT FILES SEPARATE
THANK YOU