Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Peculiar search and Replace

It absolutely works here. See if you're following all the right steps.

1. In the document, select one instance of CO2 and subscript the 2.

2. Select the result and copy it (Ctrl+C).

3. Open the Replace dialog (Ctrl+H).

4. In the "Find what" box, type "CO2" (without the quotation marks).

5. In the "Replace with" box, type "^c" (without the quotation marks).
Alternatively, click More, place the insertion point in the "Replace with
box" and click Special and choose "Clipboard Contents," which will insert ^c
for you.

6. Make sure that there is no formatting indicated on either box.

7. Replace All.

http://word.mvps.org

"Henry Stock" wrote in message
Sorry, but that did not work either. The old CO2s are still in normal
font

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Format the string as desired in your document and copy it to the
Clipboard, then use ^c (Clipboard contents) as your "Replace with" text.

http://word.mvps.org

"Henry Stock" wrote in message
I wonder if anyone can help me with the following search and replace.

I want to replace the character string CO2 with the equivalent string
except with the 2 subscripted. I tried highlighting the 2 in the
replacement string and then selecting special formating and choosing a
subscripted font, but that just resulted in the entire string being
subscripted.

I am using Word 2007