Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Holly

Default Wrong record inserted in merge document

I'm using merge to create reports (not letters) from an Excel file data
source. Previously I would select the single pertinent record for a specific
client the used the €śmerge to new document€ť command and save that document
for the report under the clients name (these are reports that are updated
over time). However, I switched months ago when I discovered €śsave date€ť
because I liked using save date (instead of date) but when I merged save date
to a new document it turned the date into XXs andOOs. Instead, I began to
save the merge document as a separate merge document for the client (did not
€śmerge to new document€ť) which has worked fine until today. While I have
been adding new names to the data source Excel file for some time and always
sort so in alphabetical order so easier to choose, this last name I inserted
has thrown everything off and is selecting the name just under the real name.
How do I get it to go back to keeping the record chosen and saved? Thanks.
Holly

PS €“ In rereading this Ill be VERY impressed if anyone can follow what I
just said (sorry) €¦ but I hope so.