Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default HOW do I get RID OF those red and/or green squiggly underlines??

It's not clear whether "HP" and "jahyde" are complaining about the
same thing. Whether to underline spelling and grammar errors may be a
function of each individual computer, so it may be that HP can't
control what other people see when they open HP's documents.

If jahyde _wants_ to see spelling and grammar errors marked with
squiggles, then jahyde should go to the Options area (which version of
Word?) and choose the "Check spelling and grammar" options. In
Word2007, it's Office button Word options Proofing "Check
spelling as you type" (in the middle of the screen) and "Mark grammar
errors as you type."

On Feb 1, 4:23*pm, jahyde wrote:
I have specifically confirmed that HIDE SPELLING ERRORS is NOT selected, but
Word does NOT show me spelling errors on screen in new documents. How can I
fix this?

"HP" wrote:
HOW do I rid a document of those green or red squiggled underlines that MS
Word puts in as its own "take" on either the spelling of a word or the usage?
*I know the document doesn't PRINT them, but I want the recipient who opens
it up on their screen when I send it as an attachment to NOT see these! *
HELP! *It's driving me nutty! [Thank you ]-