There's no borders around the cells or the image. The cell margins are
set to 0.

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
Have you set the cell margins to 0?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a very simple table - 2 cells (2 rows, 1 column). The top cell
has a shaded background and the bottom row contains an inline image.
What I want is for the inline image to fill the cell exactly such that
it looks like the top shaded cells is a title to the image.

I used VBA to set the image width to that of the cell its within.
However, upon query the exact dimensions I find that the image is 0.1
points short of the actual cell width (226.75 vs 226.85). Trying to
force the image the exact 0.1 doesn't work. What's curious is if I set
the image width so 226.9, Word actually sets it to 227.25.

So it almost seems like Word is inserting a border that is taking up
extra space. The discrepancy I'm talking about isn't very noticeable in
Word but when I distill the Word document to a pdf there is a very
obvious space around the image.

There's no borders around the cells or the image. The cell margins are
set to 0. The allow specing box is unchecked in the table properties.
The paragraph spacing for the cell is set to 0 and the font is 1pt
Times New Roman.

Where is this mystery setting coming from and can I do anything about
it?

TIA

Craig