Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007: insert object from file, display as icon

Hi S.D.,

In testing this is Word 2003, I get the same behavior as in Word 2007.
One additional workaround is to use Word's caption option to add a title/description, although it wouldn't, by default wrap if you
put the caption in as regular text.

=================
"SD" wrote in message ...
Thanks for the follow-up Bob. That will work, although it's probably not
something I'll get into the habit of doing. I'm curious why the default
behaviour differs in Word 2007 than from Word 2003. In Word 2003, if I
inserted a pdf document as an icon and it had a long filename, the text below
the icon would be wrapped in double quotes. If that text was truncated by
the default initial size of the icon object, I could resize it and show the
remaining text. Strange. I appreciate your help.

Cheers,
SD
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)