Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default how do I change "show heading" button in outline toolbar?

Can't think why anyone would want to clutter the toolbar with ugly buttons
that just replicate the function of the dropdown. It's not as if you could
show levels selectively: that is, you can't select, say, Levels 1, 3, and 6
to display. If you display Level 6, you're showing all the levels above it
as well.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
As Suzanne points out, those buttons do not show up by default in Word
2003. However, it's fairly easy to add them using Tools - Customize -
Commands. Set Categories to All Commands, and under Commands, look for
ShowHeading1 through ShowHeading9. Drag them to the Outlining toolbar to
the desired location. I just did it, and it took less than a minute.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Matt" wrote in message
My outline toolbar has a single "show heading" button. I saw a picture
of
someone's outline toolbar that had 8 show heading buttons (numbered 1-7
with
the eighth one labeled "all"). See link below for this pictu

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/usingolview.htm

Can anyone please tell me how to make my outline toolbar mimic the one I
saw
at the above website? I am using Word 2003 (service pack3) on Windows XP
(service pack 2).

I am sorry to bother you over something so trivial, but the
obsessive-compulsive little troll in the back of my mind wont let me work
on
my paper until this problem is solved. I would greatly appreciate any
help
that can be offered.