Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Help! vertical alignment of text in table not working

Go to Format Paragraph and make sure that Spacing Before and Spacing After
are both set to 0.

"KNiP" wrote in message
Doug, thanks for your response.

I don't see any spaces or added characters either prior to the row or

inside
the row. I think I may have tried using the Format Painter first though,
before applying the centering using Table Properties. I wonder if the

Format
Painter added some characters. Would you know how I could tell that? Also

in
other table, I've noticed that adding graphics will move the text (once
centered) up within the row. I'm not going to mess with this much longer
though. Just irritates me. )

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Are your paragraphs formatted with either spaces before or after them?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"KNiP" wrote in message
Cannot get the text to center in a row vertically. I'm using Table

Table
properties Cell Center. I've also tried using the Format Painter
copying
the format from another section in the report where it worked just

fine.

Any suggestions, previous experience with this?

Thanks!!