Charles Kenyon

First, numbering styles are special. See: How to create numbered headings or
outline numbering in your Word document
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

Second, when copying linked styles (cascading styles) using the Organizer
you need to copy them three times to maintain the links. I'm not sure if
this is true using copy and paste of stylized text, but I suspect that the
links may be broken there, as well.
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/styles.htm
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Paul_at_Work" wrote in message
Hi,

I have defined a set of custom styles to be shared among a number of
users,
and saved them to a dedicated template. I tried using this in another
document in 2 ways:

1) Copy the text with these styles to a fresh document based on a normal
template that has none of these styles.

2) Use Format / Theme / Style Gallery to select the special template to
"import" the custom styles.

In both cases I see that some styles get changed, most commonly (I think)
bulleted and numbered lists. I thought maybe it was because these custom
styles were based on other styles, so I updated these styles so they were
based on "nothing", and replaced the template and tried again. No luck.

Can you help?

Thanks/Paul