Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Islay Trainer[_2_] Islay Trainer[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 - Modify Style - 'New documents based on this templa

Many thanks for this. Yes, it was Heading 1 and Heading 2 I was trying to
customise. I will think of a different approach for the template.

"Aeneas" wrote:

Were you trying to change the outline levels of Heading 1 and Heading 2? Even
though it appears as if you can change these levels when editing the styles
in the template, you cannot. They are hard-coded.

"Islay Trainer" wrote:

I am creating some templates in Word 2007 which use customised Heading 1 and
Heading 2 styles. I find that new documents created using the templates lose
some of the formatting set for these styles in the original template. I have
tried to set the option 'New documents based on this template' in the Modify
Style dialogue box but it always reverts back to 'Only in this document'. Any
ideas?