Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default split table command in Word 2007 does not work properly

Before splitting the table, make sure that it isn't wrapped: Right-click the
table and choose Table Properties from the context menu. Click the Table
tab. Under "Text wrapping," choose "None," and then click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter" wrote in message
When I try to split a table, it does not split properly. Sometimes
several
rows are completely missing. It should split so that the row on which the
cursor is on becomes the first row of the new table, but that does not
happen. It becomes the first row of the first table. I can reverse the
situation by using the back button.