Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ILoveMyCorgi ILoveMyCorgi is offline

Default Merging Excel file with Word document

Not sure what to look for on your web page. I just need to know how to
format currency on the Word side so that when I merge the Excel data [field
already is in currency] it translates to currency also.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at :

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"ILoveMyCorgi" wrote in message
I am merging quite a bit of data and the fields that have currency are not
formatting correctly. The merge takes place inside a table cell and some
format without the dollar sign. I have changed the formatting to number
with
two decimal places and when I merge I get lots of zeroes after the decimal
ending in 3. What am I doing wrong????? This is driving me crazy!