You must be seeing something different from what I see: in Properties view,
I see "Microsoft Office Word" for documents created in Word 2003 (the
currently installed version), and Microsoft Word 8.0 or 10.0 or whatever for
those created in earlier versions (including "Microsoft Word for Windows
95"). Word 6.0 seems to be as far back as it goes; Word 2.0 docs show "No
document properties are available for this file."

"CyberTaz" wrote in message
Suzanne is right, but the info as you ask for it will still not be that
specific ("Word 97 - 2003", for example).

Word has used the same file format on Mac & PC since Mac v6.0/PC Office

'97,
so there is no distinction to be made. If you care to elaborate a bit on

why
you believe you need to know this info there may be other insights to be
offered.

Regards |:)

"Vivek" wrote:

Hi ALL

I receive the wordfiles from diverse sources. I want to know is there a

way
by which I can know what platform(PC or MAC) the word file was made in.

In
addition to it I really need to know the version(Word 97,XP,8.0) of the

word
in whcih the word file was made